There are few dishes which give you instant satisfaction! This super easy chicken noodle soup inspired by the Tibetan Thupka recipe is one such comfort food.
Why Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
When in doubt or when I have bonny bits of chicken left, I resort to making different versions of chicken soup recipes.
This dish is based on Tibetan Chicken Noodle soup recipe called ‘Thukpa’.
Thukpa is also popular in Nepal and Burma since its a warm comforting soup perfect for cold mountainous regions.
I always recommend making chicken noodle soup from scratch. This is because the canned or packed versions are high in sodium and fat besides the additives.
Homemade soup not only tastes better but is also easy to make and wholesome for the entire family. From a baby to an adult everyone enjoys a hot bowl of Homemade Chicken Soup!
Loading it up with fresh vegetables such as carrots, beans, mushrooms , bakchoi and noodles makes is a wholesome awesome one pot meal for the entire family.
On days when I am not too keen on stirring or chopping, I know a steaming pot of homemade soup will save the day!
Benefits of Chicken Noodle Soup
I am a firm believer that chicken soup is not only good for your soul but also for your body.
Its a given, that when anyone in our house comes down with cold (which is almost every other week, as we are toddler infested ;-)) I resort to making Hot Indian Masala Chai for mornings and soothing chicken soup, mostly an Easy Chicken Noodle Soup for evening meals served with garlic bread.
The reason being:
- Chicken soup helps to strengthen immunity and fight off cold viruses, including a runny nose and cough.
- Chicken noodle soup is supplemented by added vitamins and minerals when you add ingredients such as onions, garlic, carrots, coriander, any greens, and chicken.
- It is also great for keeping you hydrated when you aren’t feeling well. Chicken soup is filled with electrolytes and helps in recovering from illness. The natural salts, the warm soup and steam can be very beneficial in helping to clear mucus membranes and soothe irritated passageways in your nose and throat.
- Assists in weight loss and controlling body mass. Chicken noodle soup provides a balanced diet of proteins, minerals, vitamins and carbs in one pot.
- Don’t know if you believe it or not but Chicken soup has been known to be beneficial in giving an emotional and psychological lift to your spirits and considered a comfort food. The warmth and the homemade taste can make a person feel better physically, emotionally and mentally.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup – The Tibetan Way
Below is a stepwise recipe with pictures for making Tibetan Style Chicken Noodle Soup.
To begin with here are is a snap shot of the ingredients you will need for the recipe.
Do you have a Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to share?
I love to make all kinds of chicken soup, would love to hear your versions too. Please leave a comment about this recipe and share it with others if you like it.