The first 3 months of pregnancy is perhaps the most crucial and taxing on a woman`s body with new changes taking place. Thanks to soaring progesterone levels, lower blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and increased blood volume you have to deal with morning – sickness, dizzy spells , fatigue and aches and pains. I suffered a great deal of morning sickness and acute fatigue with both my kids and found it extremely difficult to eat or cook anything. Hated the smell of spices or even the look of veges. I mostly lived on salted crackers and toasts. But I also knew that not eating a balanced diet was harming the growing featus and popping in prescribed vitamins and supplements were not the way to support a developing baby.
Did a bit of research on foods to eat which is filling and does not aggravate the queasiness further and came across this amazingly easy and nutritious Avocado Milkshake recipe.
Some people say that avocados can help prevent and cure nausea, and so they eat them first thing in the morning to help balance their bodies for the coming day. The scientific reason for this is probably because of the amount of vitamin B6 in avocados. Besides this avocados are a great, smell-free way to add good fats and tons of vitamins like vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin C, and B5, potassium, carotenoids, magnesium, folate, lutein, and and dietary fiber.
One of the biggest health benefits of avocado during pregnancy is that they’re packed with folate, which is crucial in the early development of your baby.
So here’s a start to a healthy pregnancy. Good luck
Avocado Milk Shake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Ripe avocado – 1
- Cold Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 cup
- Lemon or lime zest only – 1 tsp
- Sugar or honey – 2 tbsp
- Take a ripe avocado and scoop it or chop it into small bite size pieces.
- Add sugar or honey, vanilla ice- cream, milk and lime or lemon zest to the avocados in a blender. The lemon zest helps with the queasiness and gives the shake a bit of a kick.
- Blend it into a smoothie like consistency. If you like the consistency to be a bit more thinner then simply add more milk to it.
- Your yummy avocado milkshake is ready to drink. Add ice cubes if you like it cool!!